Rights and Responsibilities
We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you will feel that we achieve that aim.
The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the primary health care team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between us.
Our Responsibility to You:
- You will be greeted courteously.
- You have a right to confidentiality.
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law.
- You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent.
- You will be informed if there will be a delay of more than 20 minutes for your appointment.
- You will be referred to a consultant when you and your GP agree that it is necessary.
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation on request or at your next appointment.
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 48 hours of your request.
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly.
Your Responsibility to Us:
- Please treat all surgery staff with courtesy. Remember they are working under doctors’ orders.
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself.
- Tell us of any change of name or address, so that our records are accurate.
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate.
- Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend surgery.
- Please attend appointments on time or give the practice adequate notice if you wish to cancel. Someone else could use your appointment.
- An appointment is for one person only – where another member of the family needs to be seen or discussed, another appointment should be made.
- Please allow sufficient time for your consultant’s letter or the results of any tests to reach us.