The surgery will be closed from 12pm on Wednesday 06th October for staff training. 👩⚕️👩🏫
We apologise for any inconvenience.
If you require medical attention whist we are closed between 12:00pm and 6:30pm, please contact 01743 455 364.
Normal service will resume on 7th October at 8:00am.
For urgent medical assistance outside Surgery opening times you will be required to phone 111 (NHS Direct Wales).
In the case of an EMERGENCY please phone 999.
Please note all our current Adult Flu appointments are fully booked. We are no longer booking Adult Flu vaccines until further notice. Please review the website or our Facebook page for regular updates
Crickhowell Group Practice
Child Influenza appointments
We are now booking Child Influenza appointments. If your child is between 2-3 years old or has any underlying health conditions please contact the surgery to book your appointment. Please see the attached link for further advice regarding eligibility
Welcome Crickhowell Health Centre
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information
you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of
health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
You can also refer to our Practice Leaflet for information, available to download below or pick up a printed copy at the surgery next time you visit us.
Crickhowell Group Practice Leaflet
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing
whatever your medical condition. Appointments can be made online by telephone or at the reception desk Monday to Friday 08:30 to 18:00.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us
know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
What to do if you have symptoms of Coronavirus
You should stay at home if you develop either:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- loss of or change to sense of smell or taste
How long to stay at home
- If you live alone and you have symptoms of coronavirus illness (COVID-19), however mild, immediately-self isolate at home for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
- If you live with others and you or one of them have symptoms of coronavirus, then all household members must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.
If you live with someone who is 70 or over, has a long-term condition, is pregnant or has a weakened immune system, try to find somewhere else for them to stay for 14 days.
If you have to stay at home together, try to keep away from each other as much as possible.
To request a test:
Call the freephone number 119 to request a test or visit https://gov.wales/apply-coronavirus-test
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.
You should only contact 111 if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
If your symptoms are severe and you feel it is an emergency call 999.
If you have need to stay at home follow our stay at home guidance
For advice as regards to the corona virus please contact 111 or visit the below website
Out of Hours Service - The number to call is 111. Click here for more details.
The Belmont Surgery in Gilwern will be closing sooner than previously announced. It will now be closed with effect from Monday 23rd March, until further notice.
We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Leg Club is cancelled until further notice. Sorry for any inconvenience.
(Site updated 25/09/2020)