When We Are Closed
If you need to contact a doctor outside Practice opening hours either:
- Telephone the Shropdoc on 0333 222 6655
- Or, telephone the surgery number where you will be able to transfer to the Out Of Hours Service.
Please remember that if it is an emergency you should telephone 999 without delay, e.g.
- if someone is unconscious or has difficulty in breathing.
- if someone is bleeding heavily.
- if someone has a suspected heart attack or has severe chest pains.
If you contact the Out of Hours service, brief details of your problem will be taken and you will then be called back by a qualified doctor or nurse, who will assess your need for medical care.
The result of this assessment could be:
- You will be given advice over the telephone and there won’t be a need for you to see a doctor.
- You may be given an appointment to see a doctor at a Primary Care Centre. Our patients will normally be given a choice of attending at either Nevill Hall Hospital or BreconWar Memorial Hospital.
- You may receive a home visit, depending on your medical condition.
- You may be advised to attend either the Accident & Emergency Department or the Minor Injury Unit at either of the hospitals mentioned above.
- If the doctor or nurse considers your need to be an emergency, they may arrange for an ambulance to collect you.
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.